Saturday, January 22, 2011

Is the Obama Traum Series by Veronika Kring too political ?

Is the Obama Traum Series of Paintings by Veronika Kring too political ?

The Obama's Traum Painting was recently mysteriously removed from a Major Art Show
without any explanation to the Artist , Veronika Kring .

We asked Veronika Kring if she thought the Painting was too political ?

Veronika added ,
" I really have no idea why there has been so much Kontroverse over the Obama's      Traum Paintings ,
 it certainly was not intended by me .
My Kunst comes from an inner metaphysical perspective ,
and any political interpretations are up to the individual .

I am attempting to capture the essence of the Dreams of various Public figures .
So far , the Traum Series of President Obama , PM Julia Gillard ,
and the Blessed Mary ,
and Saint Mary MacKillop  have all attracted a lot of very unusual attention
from vastly different quarters .

But the Obama Traum Series keeps getting drawn into very contentious political
arguments ,
with  involved  commentary from sections of the inteligentsia ,

and I have received a lot of positive feedback from my Deutsche friends on Twitter ,
which is very encouraging .

The most concerning of all are the personal attacks I have received on Facebook
because I chose Obama ,
some with racist undertones which I abhor ".

Veronika Kring has 5000 friends on her Facebook Profile ,
and examples of the highly controversial Traum Series can be seen on the Wall .

No comments:

Post a Comment